Wednesday 28 August 2013

Faithful by Kelly Elliott Review

"No matter how faithful love can be…it takes only one moment to change it all.

After Heather Lambert’s parents died in a tragic car accident her senior year of high school, she refuses to let anyone into her heart for fear of being hurt again. Focusing only on school to follow her dreams of becoming an elementary school teacher, the last thing Heather intends to do is fall in love with Josh Hayes.

Josh knows the moment he lays eyes on Heather that she is the one he’s been waiting for. During months of obstacles and denied feelings, he is rejected by her time and time again. 
When he finally wins her love, Josh and Heather start planning their future together…until Heather receives one bit of news she never wanted to hear again. 

There has been a car accident. 

Josh wakes up with no memory of Heather, and his ex-girlfriend, Victoria, is his nurse. Heather must decide if she’ll risk being hurt again and fight for the one man she loves with all her heart. 

Will Josh remember Heather when she needs him the most? Or will Victoria take advantage of this opportunity, pushing Heather away from Josh for good?"

So you may have guessed from my New Release Ramble and my Mid-Book Ramble that this book had me very excited. For the non-spoiler part of this reviews I'll say that of all the books I think this may be my favourite! It had me in stitches all the time from start to finish I found Josh, Elisabeth and Heather such funny characters. This book is just simply fantastic!

*Let the Spoilers begin*

   So to begin can I just say that the cliffhanger at the end of Saved was just plain mean I mean I was reading Faithful going ok whens it going to happen and then what was it? A dream! A dream, that was mean because everyone who read Saved was thinking that Josh and Heather didn't work out and that Heather was going to break up an engagement that was just not ok. That was a mean teaser just mean!
   On the theme of epilogues and teasers I both love and hate Kelly for the epilogues at the end of EVERY book! First off in wanted we found out Jeff was supposedly having a child with another person, then in Saved we have the mean mean mean proposal to Victoria twist and now with Faithful Scott sleeps with his ex-fiance! I mean what what what! Why? Why leave us all hanging like that! Cherished doesn't come out until 2014! I mean asdfghjkl!
   Now on the main plot line I thought it was very good predictable but still very very good! The main thing in this book that I enjoyed was that it was so funny and light hearted even in some of the more serious bits. My favourite scene had to be when the whole gang were at a party and Brad, Jeff, Gunner and Josh all try to "out-romance" each other that was just so funny. Also any confrontation with Victoria in the second half of the book was just hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. As I said earlier Elisabeth made this book in some ways for me she was so funny even in the period when Josh couldn't remember Heather she supplied humor. This is honestly just another great book in a fantastic series.

Let me know what you think. I am also planing a whole post dedicated to the whole series so far where I'll talk about favourite characters, scenes, book etc. so be sure to look out for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment