Sunday 11 August 2013

New England Rocks by Christina Courtenay


"First impressions, how wrong can you get? When Rain Mackenzie is expelled from her British boarding school, she can't believe her bad luck. Not only is she forced to move to New England, USA, she's also sent to the local high school, as a punishment. Rain makes it her mission to dislike everything about Northbrooke High, but what she doesn't bank on is meeting Jesse Devlin - Jesse is the hottest guy Rain's ever seen and he plays guitar in an awesome rock band! There's just one small problem - Jesse already has a girlfriend, little miss perfect Amber Lawrence, who looks set to cause trouble as Rain and Jesse grow closer. But, what does it matter? New England sucks anyway, and Rain doesn't plan on sticking around - Does she?"


This book was so addictive I read it in one sitting! I love Rain as a character as she is refreshingly different to the heroines in other novels. Rain is not some shy self conscious girl that needs the big strong hero. Rain is confident in herself and she is so cool! I think Rain is a good example of a strong woman. That feminist tidbit aside I also loved Jesse as the lead male and I loved how his story line took a surprising twist that I honestly didn't see coming. The only fault I can find with this book is that I wish it were longer! I am not saying the book needed more but I really want to hear more about Rain and Jesse. I would have loved to hear how Jesse's story line may have developed or how Rain and Jesse's relationship withholds trials and tribulations. I am seriously looking forward to the next installment of the trilogy! Even though it won't follow Jesse and Rain's story. I loved this book and give a well deserved 10/10! The characters were original and the story was very well developed. I cannot wait for the rest of the trilogy. 
5 stars!



* Disclaimer: I was sent this book to review by Lovereading.co.uk however all opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment