Friday 20 September 2013

Reading Habits Tag

Hey!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while honestly I haven't been making an awful lot of time for reading lately but I don't want to leave you hanging. I was watch Bookables Youtube channel the other day and I saw her do this tag (here is a link to her video) so I figured why not do it! Let me know if you like these kinds of posts for me to do as fillers in between reviews. Without further ado lets get started.

1.)Do you have a certain place at home for reading?


Yes I always read in my bedroom because I can't read with other people around. So I either read on my bed or I set up cushions on the floor at the bottom of my bed and make a little reading nest.

2.)Bookmark or random piece of paper?

I tend to use a bookmark because I have a ton of bookmarks lying about my room that were gifts or I've taken from a library etc. But if I'm out and about I'll use a bit of paper because I don't carry bookmarks with me.

3.)Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?

I can just stop reading if I have to eg. if I'm reading on a bus I'll stop reading when I have to get off. Other than that I always like to finish the chapter I'm reading at that time.

4.)Do you eat or drink while reading?

Yes, I almost always have a cup of coffee while I'm reading and I sometimes eat a biscuit but I wouldn't eat a dinner or something like that while reading. If  I eat while reading it will be a snack.

5.)Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

99.9% of the time I will listen to music whilst reading as a rule. I know some people don't like doing that but honestly blocking out external noise with music helps me create a little bubble where I can submerge myself in the world of the book. I can't watch T.V though.

6.) One book at a time or several at once?

Usually I read one book at a time but lately I've been reading two books at a time. Also if I have a book on my Kindle I will tend to read a physical book as well.

7.)Reading at home or everywhere?

I read anywhere! As a rule of thumb I have a book anywhere I go, as I said before I read in the bus I also read in the car or in a coffee shop or restaurant. Basically I'll read anywhere as long as I'm not with someone who would want to talk to me ie. a friend. 

8.)Reading out lout or silently in your head?

In my head all the time except if there is a word I don't know then I'll say it aloud to help me understand it.

9.)Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

I do skip pages at times, sometimes when the description of the forest goes on for 2-4 pages I'll just skim it quickly or skip it altogether. I don't read ahead or read the last page though.

10.)Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

Honestly it depends how much I like the book or the size of the book, because when reading books that are 500-700 pages long it's nearly impossible not to break the spine and if I hate the book I'll be like "I don't care if you fall apart."

11.)Do you write in your books?

No! No! No! No! No! That is defacing the book and I hate that. I have never in my life written on a book even as a child. It drives me up the wall when I see tumblr posts where someones scribbled out the whole page bar three words or highlighting asdfghjkl I just can't I want to scream. Don't even get me started on people who carve books into shapes or carve a hiding place in them. 


So that's that tag finished I hope you enjoyed it if you answer these questions leave me a comment letting me know. I promise a book review will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment