Tuesday 26 November 2013

Book Discussion: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare


This will include Spoilers. You have been warned.




"What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments"

*Again spoilers will definitely occur!*

Favourite Parts:

1. Simon's description of his inner vampire:   Simon-"He wants me to wear midriff-baring shirts and a fedora. I'm fighting it." Clary-  "So your inner vampire is Magnus?"
2. Isabelle admitting she likes Simon to Jordan
3. Isabelle asking Simon for a bedtime story:  Isabelle- "No I want something I haven't heard yet."     Simon-"Okay. I've got a good one..... A long time ago in a galaxy far,far away..."
4. Isabelle and Simon arguing over Simon raising Raziel
5. When the real Jace comes back for a night
6. Magnus being inappropriate during the battle: Magnus-" Speaking of hope, did you see that shot Alec got off with his bow? That's my boyfriend."
7. Jace and Clary during the Epilogue

Discussion

Just to get this out of the way quickly I missed Jace. The real Jace I really did it just wasn't the same. Now into the book I felt really bad for Simon with his mother and I teared up when he told his sister. Overall in this book Simon was by far my favourite male character (even though it was partly because Jace was possessed). I love his relationship with Isabelle and am so happy for them both. Although I am now scared for him because he doesn't have the Mark of Cain anymore, now I'll have to worry about Simon too on top of everyone else. Also Simon was the savior yet again with the Angel and the sword and just being the hero.

Now onto Alec. WTF was he doing making deals and having meetings with Camille? Honestly Alec is just so immature in his relationship with Magnus I want to slap him. I mean taking away Magnus' immortality. I was so upset when they broke up, hopefully they'll get back together because they have to. And what are they going to do for a warlock now? Will they have to pay for one? Speaking of Magnus, was anyone else as upset as I was when he got stabbed because I thought he was dead and was on the verge of tears.

Mia and Jordan. I love them together I called it even when she attacked him and hated each other I called it! I was so happy when they finally got together it was just so cute!

Sebastian. I did not think I could hate him anymore than I already did but I guess I was wrong. First he brain washes my Jace and takes him away and makes him go loopy. Then he almost kills Luke, steals Clary away. I will be honest even though it pains me to say it I almost wanted to trust him. He kept saving Clary and being nice to her and had kind of stopped being so obviously evil  but then what does he do? He becomes a pedophile! I mean first that comment he made about Clary in bed I thought ew, because I had forgotten that he a Jace were connected or I never really thought about whether or not he'd sense anything when Clary and Jace were intimate. Then I honest to God thought he was going to rape Clary talking about how incest isn't a bad thing. I mean it was OK when I thought it was Clary and Jace but not with Sebastian!

The ending! "I'm coming"..... I'm terrified. Because there will be a war and people will die but I can't think about that right now because I am just too emotional. I don't want to know, I am so excited and nervous for this next book.

Also I feel like I am in limbo because I am reading other books that aren't in this world and I find myself thinking where are the demons? So next on my to buy list is The Infernal Devices trilogy!

As always let me know what you think. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment