Thursday 19 December 2013

8 Quick Book Reviews

 Sorry I've been MIA but life happened so I am making up for it by posting 8 mini reviews. These are my general thoughts on some books I didn't want to write a whole post on.


  1. Significance by Shelly Crane: I loved this book so much! I loved the whole paranormal element and I can honestly say I would love to be an Ace! This is a fantastic book which is why I was even more surprised by the fact that IT'S FREE!!!! Honestly read this book. It costs nothing on kindle and will be worth your while reading even if you aren't into this genre normally. Out of 10 I'd give this book 11! Check this book out now.
  2. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen: I enjoyed this book a lot but as I thought for Lock and Key the book ended too quickly. I felt as though this book could easily have went on for another 100 pages instead of leaving us to guess what happens next. Maybe that's' just a feature of Sarah Dessen's books neverless I still wanted more from the book. Having said that I loved how we focused on how Auden develops as a character outside a relationship. Overall I'd give this book an 8 out of 10.
  3. Promise You Won't Tell? by John Locke: This book took a while to get into but after about 4-5 chapters I was hooked. The story is dealing with the sensitive topic of a girl being molested and it does go into detail sometimes so you should be well aware of that. But it focused much more on the detective angle of the story which I loved. Although I did really enjoy this book I won't be reading the rest of the series. I'd give this book a 7/10
  4. Just a Little Series (1-4) by Tracie Puckett: This was just OK. I didn't hate it but I definitely didn't love it. The books were too short in my opinion and the actual story was a tad far fetched for my taste. It was good considering I got it as a free ebook but I wouldn't recommend it if you were going to pay money for it. Again I won't be reading the rest of the series and I give it 6/10
  5. The Dark Inside by Rupert Wallis: I really enjoyed this book. If you want my full review you can check it out on Lovereading.co.uk once it is published. But it is really good and I would recommend it if you're looking for a supernatural story with no romance. I'd give it 8/10
  6. Cursed by Tara Brown: I really enjoyed this book. Although it was really annoying that it was really only the beginning of the story. In my mind I'd describe it as more of a prequel as it is more of a set up to the main story. Despite that I still really enjoyed it and I will most likely read the sequel. I give it 8/10 but only because I was confused by the ending otherwise it would be higher
  7. Crossing the Line by Katie McGarry: I have had this book in my TBR pile since August I think so I was so happy that I finally read it. I really enjoyed it and thought it was a really cute novella obviously there wasn't a lot of character development or plot twists as it was only a novella but it was still entertaining. I'd give it a 7/10.
  8. When You Come to Me by Jade Alyse: Honestly I had to force myself to finish this book. I didn't like it very much, I didn't like the main characters as I found them both to be very juvenile and selfish. The main thing that annoyed me though was the grammar! There were so many mistakes as the author continuously used "his" instead of "he" or "him" and also often used "he" instead of "she" which made some parts difficult to understand. Despite this the story was OK but I am so glad I didn't pay for this. I'd give it 4.5/10.
Those were my thoughts on all of those books now I'm relatively up to date. Hope you have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment